Interesting facts and figures on the Balkans in February 1942
|Ante Pavelić in Parliament|
4. 2. - The officers of the British mission Hydra, including Major Terence Atherton, have landed at Petrovac.
7. 2. - Ustasha massacre in Banja Luka suburb Drakulic, Šargovac and Motike, which is a cruel way of killing 2,300 residents of Serbian nationality.
|The British submarine HMS Thorn which arrived mission.|
12. 2. - The escape of a group of prisoners from the concentration camp at the Red Cross in Nis.
February - The pro-Communist EAM in Greece forms a guerrilla ELAS (National People's Liberation Army).
|ustasha killing civilian in the district of Banja Luka|
February - Kosovo residents get Albanian citizenship.
February - Petar Lekovic was firstly named the national hero (the order was established in August 1943, but Lekovic died already in June '42).
17. 2. - Bulgarian army carried out the massacre in Bojnik. Bojnik is a settlement in Serbia in the Jablanica district.
17. 2. - Colonel Bajo Stanisic and commander of the Italian division "Taro" achieved the first Chetnik-Italian agreement against partisans in Montenegro.
|Order of National Hero|
17. 2. - Vičeslav Vilder, via Radio London, accuses Archbishop Stepinac of "not giving a voice of condolences" at the time of the slaughter of Serbs.