14 things that every Yugoslav partisan wore at the beginning of World War II
1. Partizan armed with a German submachine gun MP41 9mm, popularly known as "Schmeisser", today a rare example of the wooden butt. For a belt carrying a gun "Parabellum" P08 9mm and a hand grenade. Dressed in a civilian coat, the military jacket of unknown origin, the German military pants and cavalry boots. On the stroke has a partisan cap ("Tito hat") with a sewn red star.
2. Three-pointed cap popularly called "Triglav cap" to the highest peak in Slovenia. Such as a cap made anti-fascist fighters of the Spanish Civil War and the first Junos Croatian partisans. Since 1944, it replaced the cap "Titov ka" a smooth edge.
3. In September 1941, the partisan Supreme Headquarters ordered that the caps will wear red five-pointed star as a symbol of anti-fascist struggle.
3a. Since April 1942, stipulates that all elite Proletarian Brigade wear the star with a yellow hammer and sickle, the symbol of the international workers' movement.
4. Slovenian partisans on hats with the star wearing their tricolor. The most common are the two ways as illustrated. Slovenian partisans did not want to take the hammer and sickle on its stars, claiming that they are not a partisan army.
5. Since August 1943, established the order of partisan medals. The illustration is one of them "partisan star of the first degree" for bravery and merit in combat. The medal was created by sculptor Anthony Augustinčić. Since the summer of 1944 medals were made in the Soviet Union.
6. Medal for the bravery.
7. The first partisan ranks were created in the fall of 1941. Since the beginning of 1942 until the end of 1943 to use the ranks as illustrated. The first is the rank of corporal.
7c. Deputy Sergeant company,
7d. Company sergeant,
7e. The deputy commander of the battalion,
7f. The battalion commander,
7g. Deputy Commander of the detachment,
7h. The commander of the detachment.
8. Weapons that were usually worn by partisans. In the illustration, the Italian rifle "Carcano" M1891 caliber 6.5mm
9. German carbine 98k caliber 7.92mm.
10. The rifle that was under Belgian license for the "Mauser" M24 were produced for the Yugoslav army in the weapons factory in Uzice in Serbia. The Partisans in 1941, a time occupied the arms factory in Uzice where they produce 21,040 rifles M24, called "partisan" and 2.7 million bullets caliber 7.92mm.
11. Very appreciated partisan weapon German MG34 light machine gun by partisans popularly called "Šarac". To capture "SARC" might be getting a medal, but for his loss to go to court martial. Among partisans some machine gunners on "SARC" have become legendary.
12. The M35 hand grenade, which was being produced in Kragujevac. Later, partisans have organized their production of these bombs.
13. Improvised hand grenade made from mortar shells lesser caliber.
14. Also, another improvisation hand grenades made from water pipes.
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
I would like the source for those 21,040 M24 rifles. Where did you find it?ReplyDelete